Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wash Day #1

Wash day #1? Implying that there will be more? Yes there will.. I have decided for 2013 I will begin to document my hair journey so that I could better understand what my hair likes. I am revamping my entire journey in hopes to get to APL or further by December 2013 *whoop whoop* 

      ..Which means new products new techniques and $$ bleeding out my pockets! -hangs head-. I will always name the products I use and how my air reacted. I just really want to get a hold on this healthy hair journey and this the only way I can think of..One of the reasons why I even started this blog . Pretty soon I'll be able to post my regimen because as of now I don;t have one! lol


The point of this post-


Yesterday (Tuesday) was wash day for me and I have to say it went unbelievably well. Its been a long time that I've had a wash day that went so well. 

I am 10 weeks post relaxer this Friday. I think I will be stretching to either 12 or 13. I'm going go back to short stretching because I am experimenting will a whole new technique. I will make a post later going into details..

But as I was saying! I am 10 weeks post relaxer and the wash process went so well I cannot believe it! I washed in four sections which did make it a lot easier and I think too because I had one of those hand held shower attachments installed. I completely changed my air drying technique. I incorporate the scarf method with this hard to explain method lol :). 

What I did:
  • I shampooed and I was surprised that the shampoo I used did not leave my hair feeling dry as it did before. 
  • Applied Roux Porosity for 30 seconds, and then DC for 30 mins with heat. 
  • Then I T-shirt dry for 20 mins and applied my leave ins. 
  • Let my hair air dry for over an hr then finished drying with my hand dryer on cool air. 
  • When hair was dry I de-tangled and then  M&S and bunned. 

Simple!

Point is when I was finished there was less hair than I am accustomed to. I wish I could get this photo upload but I was amazed. It was more of the normal amount of hair especially since I had not comb detangled in 3 days. My hair felt soo good.


Products:

  • Suave almond and shea butter shampoo
  • Roux porosity control conditioner
  • DC with Folicure conditioner+honey+OO+CO (I'm out of DC so I'm trying to get rid of my stash of conditioners to make room)
  • HE Split End Protector
  • Mane N Tail Conditioner (I'm curently using as a leave in)
  • Aphogee Green tea reconstructor 
  • Grapeseed oil

That's all for now 




Chlo <3 

2 comments:

  1. I am 10 weeks post as well, and I plan on relaxing about the same time. A few things a learned from this stretch is the power of finger detangling! I see that we are at about the same length with the same goals so I am looking forward to following your journey. HHJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITA with that finger detangling! I've learned to put that comb down and its strange that I've been growing my hair for over a year now and I'm just learning that lol. Maybe we should become hair buddies? Cause I am following yours as well. It'll be great to have someone to share your experiences and trials and errors with..Dont you think?

      Delete