Saturday, January 26, 2013

Oh Rollerset...You fiend!

As a part of my hair journey I roller-set as a way to air dry and a low manipulation style. Sometimes when my hair is dry I would wet it just to get the curly low manipulation style that one can achieve. I have been doing this long before I have been on my hair journey, not knowing how I was protecting my hair..Or was I? Mmm

Although it is a protective style I rarely do this as I find it very time consuming (takes me over an hr to finish) and my hair endure too much breakage.

When I roller set I use the smaller size rollers which mean I put in an average of 30+ rollers in my hair at a time.

For what I am talking about I use the yellow ones.
Hypothesis: Roller-setting my hair causes excessive breakage

I put my theory to the test and found "Yes" - In my case it does. Granted that I had this style in for 3 days, Yes three days and they still looked fab but I was ready to cowash. After detangling with my fingers in sections I found that there were too many short hair pieces that came out. I would believe that the hair normally breaks and for that style and any style there would be breakage as the hair was put under tension while in curlers. 

Now I remember why I never really liked doing my hair like this although  really love how they come out all cute and all..its too much breakage my taste .. that and it takes to much time! :)

How much hair after detangling. Some of it is shedded hair but the majority is broken hair pieces. Rollersetting is a big NO NO

No comments:

Post a Comment