Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Reducing Shedding..(Attempt #3)

So this is my third ATTEMPT  at trying to reduce my breakage. But first..

Attempt #1

First I tried taking garlic complex pills because I heard garlic helps with shedding but it hasn't help me a bit. Since July 2012 I have been taking them and the 7 months I have been taking them they have not reduced the excessive shedding that I've been experiencing. Maybe because they are garlic complex and they are made of different vitamins why they didnt work? I have not idea :'(. Maybe I should try full strength garlic pills only.


ATTEMPT #2
 I also tried taking MSM capsules to see if it will help with my shedding. This again hasn't been effective for me. I took them through July 2012-September 2012 and saw no results. I always had a glass of OJ afterwards and took them every other day yet.. they did nothing for me. I eventually stopped using them because at the time I was trying to figure out how to control my acne. I'm retaking them over 2 weeks and still no results. I guess another failure..


ATTEMPT #3

This is my current attempt and hopefully this works. Since Tuesday would be my wash day on Sunday I blended garlic cloves and olive oil in the food processor and poured it into a bowl and let that soak for 2 days.. This morning I strained the oil and discarded the garlic residue. I had enough to fill a 4oz nozzle so I'll have some for a while. What I did was oil my scalp and covered my hair with a cap for 2 hrs (Gosh I was tired so I slept through the two hours lol). Then washed as usual.
&




Results 
Its too SOON to judge but I did realise there was less hair in the comb as I detangled on my 95% dry hair. I'll have to watch the days and see how this works in reducing my shedding. -Fingers crossed!-


Bye :)

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried checking your iron levels? Sometimes vitamin/mineral deficiencies are the root cause for excessive shedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I did. I take iron as a result of low blood after menstruation but that still wasnt the root of it. Honestly now I dont have abnormal shedding. It has to be a product I was using before because I completely changed my products and the shedding disappeared before I knew it. I cant even tell you what product it was lol..

      Delete