Sunday, April 26, 2015

Henna Day :)


This weekend I dubbed full strength henna weekend. The last treatment I did was probably back in January if not December so I was in need of it. So once I knew I had my henna boxes available there was nothing to stop me.

The Process:
Friday morning(Yes this kinda ..almost made me late for work) at about 6:50am I mixed my henna powder box. I used an entire 100g box plus two other packages that I ha in the freezer left over from past treatments. I mixed the powder up with a cup of two tea bags of  green tea and one black tea brewed.  Mixed it up until the consistency resembles yogurt. I covered it up and let it sit on the counter until I got home at about 7pm. 

As I got home I added some bhringraj powder, cocout oil and honey to the henna mixture. I hopped in the shower and clarified with my ORS+ baking soda shampoo mixture then followed up with my Elasta qp Creme shampoo. My hair felt very clean and soft .. thumbs up! I let my hair dry to 80% and then added the henna. I did not detangle simple out of laziness, I detangled before washing and wanted the process to be over. At about 10pm I had applied the mixture to my entire head. I saran wrapped put on a plastic bag then bonnet and went to chill until bed time. 

The next morning I got up after 10am got my barings together then opt to go outside and hose down the henna out of my head. I decided to use the  hose cause I did not want to mess the bathroom up. It made the process much easier. OMG.. guys I cowashed  with  Herbal essences Hello Hydration and it was the best decision ever! Its one of the products I used back then that I stopped and now. Aussie moist deeeeep conditioner cannot hold a candle to it! My hair felt like butter! Like seriously. Before I would cowash with Aussie and it was just "Uhhh" and my hair didnt feel soft or even good.

It took about three cowash wot get most of it out and then deep conditioned with my Keracare Humecto +JBCO +CO+HE HH with heat for 30 minutes. I loved the results of the hello hydration so much I added it to my DC.

Conclusion:
This was the best henna treatment ever. After I dried (Air and blow dry) and moisturised my hair is soft especially my new growth, its flowy and feels so healthy. Where I am at the moment makes me feel that I can stretch much longer but I doubt I will lol.  Henna treatments is something I plan to keep on doing.




LOL!

<3 Chloe





No comments:

Post a Comment