Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New Acne Regimen: Dermatologist prescribed

In my last post and update in ages I talked about how I have been experiencing some serious acne flare ups and  had no idea what was causing them. I decided I couldn't not take it any longer, nothing I tried was working. I just kept on getting more and  more pimples and they are just leaving these horrible scars on my face. They are all on the right corner of my forehead- down the temple - just above the cheek bone. Then I have random marks left from pimples on other areas on my face. I would post pictures for you guys to see but lol.. I'm waay too embarrassed. Maybe one day I will get the courage.

Anyway, I went to the derm last week Thursday. We talked , tried to figure out what was causing me to break out but she seemed to have no clue herself. I'm not on birth control, don't take any oral medication.. basically I do nothing that would cause me to break out!. The only thing that we kinda thought what might have caused it was the Milk of Magnesia I was using to combat my oiliness . but that itself I have doubts about because I was using it in my T zone and I'm not breaking out in that area.

In the end she prescribed topical treatments for me. She wanted to start me on antibiotics but I have never been on them before and wouldn't know how i would have reacted so in a effort not to make matters worse she held off. What she did give me as  1. Duac Gel and Retin- A

Duac Gel

This is something new for me. I have to use it once a day in the morning. I normally apply it and leave that alone since I am at home most of the time and dont need sun screen. I apply it by slightly rubbing it in and then smearing it over the face. What I have to figure out now is how it will look when I have to apply it then sunscreen when I go back to work.






Rentin- A 
New for me as well, I know some people use this a lot. This I apply every night in a pea size amount & after 20 mins of washing the face as I heard from many reviewd from youtube and other sites.


Neutrogena Acne Wash
New to me as well. She suggested I use this because of the salicylic acid in it. I had been using Cerave Foaming cleanser before but I bought this because the Dr suggested it.









In all this was a very expensive visit.. wow I can't believe how much money I spent! Lol. It has been about 5 days so I can't really comment on these products. I have seen some pimples gone though but I believe those are just the regular menstrual acne that I get every time that time of month comes around. So I'm not doing the happy dance as yet. Lol :] She also said these products are very drying BUT I know I have extremely Oily skin so I was not worried. I was right.. the only part of my face that has gotten dry is my upper lip and a bit around my mouth.. My skin is that oily! Nothing dries this baby

In 3 weeks I have to go back for a progress report and then hopefully start dealing with getting rid of the acne scars. So my question to everyone.. Have you ever used these products before? How was your reaction? What do you think?

Chloe<3

No comments:

Post a Comment